St. Kieran Arts Center is hosting a new touring exhibition Protecting the Forests: The Weeks Act of 1911 created by Plymouth State University in honor of the centennial of the Weeks Act of 1911, which authorized the federal government to purchase and maintain lands in the eastern United States as national forests. The Weeks Exhibition opens at St. Kieran Arts Center as part of the North Country Talent Showcase on Sunday, January 30 at 2 PM. The North Country Talent Showcase is a fun and fast-paced variety show celebrating North Country artists and offering something for everyone. Tickets are $12 for adults and $6 for children. Doors open at 1 PM. The Week’s Exhibition runs through March 30 with additional viewing hours 9-4 weekdays, at scheduled performances and by appointment.
- David Govatski on First Annual Stanley Russell Howe Lecture: “Environmental Legacies: Land-Clearing, Forest Use, and Conservation in Northern New England, 1820-1920″
- Randall Bennett on First Annual Stanley Russell Howe Lecture: “Environmental Legacies: Land-Clearing, Forest Use, and Conservation in Northern New England, 1820-1920″
- L Kenerson on 1936 Weeks Act Commemorative WMNF Map
- Raynold Jackson on “The Early Pathmakers”
- Elizabeth Irwin on Welcome to WeeksLegacy.org!